View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 12:08 AM

Default Re: weird problem with pro tools 7

here's one for ya ---- digitechsupport

(i posted this in a new thread as well)

I almost feel to the point of throwing this 002 out the window.

Tell me if it is normal that when I get an overload error (-6093) that I should see the 1394 and sample rate lights flash off and on, sometimes a couple times real fast....

I did the clean re-install of protools yesterday, and everything was working fine, now the next night, im right back to where i started

I havnt installed or removed anything. Same project that was working fine yesterday all of the sudden wont work today (or any session for that matter)

Nothing has changed, except for the fact that I cannot even playback 1 mono track of 24/44.1

This is ridiculous..... Im seriously about to start a fight with digidesign if these issues are not resolved soon.

I tried all of the recommended trouble shooting again (except the clean uninstall/reinstall) and im still having this problem.

I absolutely cannot believe this software (PTLE 7) has been released to us in the condition that it's in. I am/work for a software developer myself, and i can say that without a doubt we would never release a software product in this condition. We are seeing far too many complaints about the application right out not working at all. This is absolutely ridiculous and completely unacceptable. What were you thinking digidesign? I will not be surprised to see a loss of customers from this. I myself am about ready to switch entirely over to logicpro if this is not resolved soon. I would have to get new hardware of course because the core audio driver for my 002r doesn’t even work! I get the same type of results in logic 7.1.1 as I do in ptle 7!!!!!!!! But of course when I tell logic to use the built in audio h/w with core audio, everything runs just fine. Absolutely unacceptable. Get your ***** together please.

Thanks so much for your efforts in providing such a great product.

PM G5 dual 2ghz (2nd rev), MacOS 10.4.2, 4.5gb ram, 2x300gb Maxtor SATA 16mb cache, digi002r, ProTools LE 7