View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 04:14 PM

Default Re: TC System 6000 help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman View Post
Have you started a support ticket with MusicTribe? I believe you can request one through the same TC Electronic website. They can be a little bit slow but at least there is still support for Sys6k.
The only answers I got from them are prepared answers, phrases. Trained monkeys!

Quote:
Forgive me if I am repeating things you already know and have checked.
No problem. Always good to check twice.

Quote:
You have 3 hardware units, 1.mainframe, 2.remoteCPU, 3.wired remote. Does the RemoteCPU communicate with the wired remote?
Yes. No problem cause the black and the silver icon works with MK1 and MK2 CPUs.

Quote:
Separately, does the downloadable software app on your computer control the mkII mainframe (with or without remoteCPU)?
Yes, it does. That's the only way to communicate with my mainframe right now.

Quote:
I am thinking the mainframe and the RemoteCPU+wired remote can communicate even if software versions are different since RemoteCPU software update was always handled through the mainframe (even in old days when using floppy disks).
This behaviour changed since version MK2 with the mainframe and remote CPU.
A MK1 remote CPU can only see a MK2 mainframe if it has a certain firmware (and vice versa). So you are not able to update a MK1 CPU through a MK2 mainframe if the CPU has not the right firmware.
It just can be done with a shared folder from a host PC.
And therefore you need the icon.cab file for updating the firmware (like in older days). But this file is not available from the MusicTribe web site, just icon.app files which doesn't work in this case.
The original TC web site is not available anymore.

Quote:
You should be able to ping both the mainframe and the remoteCPU, no matter what versions of software are installed.
I can ping both but without the right icon.cab file it doesn't mean anything.