View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Cleaning Up Webcam / Zoom Audio

ACON Deverberate I have found can work quite well for getting rid of those strong early reflections in Zoom/Teams/etc recordings. It has a separate early reflections function and you can also mix back in some of the reverb tail, so it can sound closer yet not artificially dry. There is a new module in RX designed to rebuild lost high frequencies in these kinds of situations. It can work very well, but it seems like it is so processor intensive that it makes it less than practical to use on longer recordings. It seems like you use a bunch of what I would use. I generally avoid multi band compression, as this stuff is usually pretty nuked already. A bit of notch EQ for the bloat or boom, or de-essing or EQ to tame the harshness.

If there is the opportunity, intervening in the setup/record process and getting that initial microphone placement sorted can pay dividends. A lot of people have multiple devices these days, and a bunch of the webcam/zoom audio apps allow for some sophisticated/interesting setups. Like audio via iPhone, video via laptop.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.