View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 05:03 AM

Default Re: Korg NanoKontrol2 as plugin controller in PT

Complete luddite here, so forgive me...

You've programmed this driver yourself?

It doesn't look like you've created a HUI profile, or is this essentially a driver for the Korg, rather than a new profile that Pro tools recognises?

I ask because I have the Avid branded - M-audio Axiom AIR mini32, which utilised Hypercontrol to communicate with Pro Tools.

Unfortunately, between taking my money, and the product arriving at my door, Avid sold M-audio.

They then released Pro Tools 11, which meant the Axiom AIR products were supported for 13 days, by the time the driver was released, and only on Pro Tools 10.

Of course, the next bug-fix dot release of Pro Tools 10 broke compatibility with the Axiom, and there is now no driver for it at all (though there is now a driver that works with the three larger Axiom AIR keyboards, and PT11).

I'm wondering if I can achieve what you have, in order to make the AIR Mini32 work with Pro Tools 11.

On the few plug-ins that support MIDI learn (basically, Instruments only) you can twiddle the knobs to your hears content - though you have to go through the hassle of assigning everything manually for each instrument.

Getting it to work with regular plug-ins, as well as faders, pans, transport etc would be fantastic - though really something that Avid & M-Audio ought to coordinate between themselves.

If you can give me any pointers, much appreciated.

Cheers!