View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 08:47 AM

Default Re: @AVID: Please give us an HD8 to 9 upgrade with HEAT

It's incredible that Avid opted NOT to throw the bone of HEAT to the wide base of HD users as an additional reason for TDM users to spend the $350 to upgrade. There's really little reason for HD users with large MacPros and 1,2 or 3 or more TDM cards who could care less about using a laptop to work with, using other hardware to run audio through, etc. Kudos to Avid for finally unlocking PT to hardware, but to ignore all of us HD users by not acknowledging that there's little or no reason to upgrade from 8 is embarrassing. HEAT might have taken the sting out of this and allowed HD users to celebrate a little bit more.
Listen harder AVID Marketing... you overlooked your loyal high end base with this one and although I applaud your decisions to finally offer ADC to the rest of the PT family, add PT Native into the lineup and streamline the line up you should have made sure the top end of the chain was taken care of as well. HEAT would have made the $350 upgrade palatable, as it is there's not much for me except an innate need to keep my system at the current Version number.