View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 12:01 PM

Default Re: MTRX Studio with Dante PciE card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdy View Post
I have a MTRX Studio and a Focusrite Dante PCIe card so the source is me! For a start it has two Digilink ports supporting 32 channels each as Darryl says. Also the most number of channels you will get out of the Focusrite into the MTRX Studio is 64 and if you do that you obviously use up all 64 Digilink channels so none left for the analog and ADAT I/O.

Technically, you are probably talking more about the limitation of Pro Tools I/O rather than MTRX Studio I/O. The former is dealt with by the hardware I/O tab, and deals with whatever comes and goes from Pro Tools. The latter is dealt with by the routing matrix in DADman, and deals with whatever comes and goes from the physical I/O of the MTRX Studio.

You might only be able to get 64 channels of digilink out of Pro Tools and into the MTRX Studio, but you can still also attach an entirely separate Logic/nuendo/atmos renderer/whatever using Dante. You can attach talkback mics to the mic pres. Attach Aviom cue systems to the adat outputs, and so on, and route all of that I/O around within the MTRX Studio. They aren't shared I/O in that sense, they are freely assignable.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.