View Single Post
Old 02-19-2001, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Macintosh PT Free and MacOS USB Audio

This is only posted to prevent someone from wasting $200.00 of their hard earned money on the purchase of the Ego-Sys U2A USB audio interface for the mac for the purpose of using it with Pro Tools Free.

Tip of the Day:
Download the software first, read the documentation for known incompatibilities before buying your audio interface - the Ego-Sys U2A is specifically mentioned as being incompatible.

Suggestion to Digi Folks: Although the U2A was specifically mentioned in the documentation, I have read many accounts (I started at November 2000) of users being frustrated with the same problem of the Roland UA-30 NOT WORKING with Pro Tools Free, which is NOT mentioned in the documentation. Maybe you could think of this being brought to your attention as an opportunity to do the right thing and mention it specifically in the documentation. And while you are at it, maybe you can make your product work with modern mac computers which ONLY have USB and Firewire Audio inputs.

At first glance, i thought it was way cool that Digidesign made their software available free for mac users.

This is my first attempt to try to use any Dididesign product. And I must admit I find myself wondering - How do you expect to sell a product when you find increasing difficulty in giving it away?

USB and USB Audio are current industry standards. Geez, Let's get with it already.

Yes, that would be frustration you sense.

I am only one voice of many...
But who knows, maybe if you keep ignoring your customers, we will go away.