View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 10:50 PM

Default Re: El Capitan 10.11.2 causes Pro Tools 12.4 GUI Lag and Glitches

Wow between the 12.5 horror...which for me was limited to an install on one f my Win7 installs and the continued El Crapitan cursor lagging (for me on 12.4) it's been a rough week for a lot of us...Avid included. I had finally rolled back to 12.4 on my Win rig and all is fine and dandy there but I then focused on what I could do to get an otherwise decent 12.4 to work without the really annoying lag...my solution: to hell with El Crapi, I rolled back to Yosemite and I'm so happy I did. 12.4 behaves wonderfully and it's probably my fave OS X of the last 3 offerings. I really don't see any benefit at all in going with 10.11 over 10.10. I don't even like it that much on my wife's MBAir. I'm sticking with 10.10 on my MBA, My Mac Mini Server and my MacPro PT rig. It's always been my observation that every other OS X was forgettable so for me over the last ten years, that's been Snow Leopard, (skip Lion) Mountain Lion, (skip Mavs tho it's not that bad and it's handy for running PT 10HD) and Yosemite, (skip El Capitan). Guess I'll have to see how OS X 10.12 (Barstow ?? :}) turns out.

Wilson Dyer MPSE
Sound Supervisor: NCIS Los Angeles, CBS Television