View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 04:04 PM

Default Re: 11R SPDIF intermittent problems?

Sorry for lack of detail.

What I mean by "not work" is its not passing any signal at all via spdif when this occurs. I have input set to guitar in, and when I use it standalone I get guitar amp sound out of speakers and headphones. The analog outputs work correctly so far. I have not tried the rear "to amp" and I have not tried the AES either. (Why they neglected to include ADAT is beyond me)

When I monitor the spdif input in pt or Saffire Mix Control software, I get peaking clicking noises, seemingly random, but consistently; there is no silence.

I do not have any other spdif gear to test cables on, I suppose I can order a couple from Amazon and test with those. My particular cable *does* work, but not always, and that is what made me concerned. And my gear has not moved since it last worked.

I will double check the clock settings, I only have the 11R sending to the SP40 and not recieving spdif so it should be internal. Does the sample rate need to match at that point? Again, I'm new to SPDIF gear.

I got this 11R new from Sweetwater about 35 days ago and only a week ago did I try using the spdif at all. Not sure the revision, should be new, but was bundled with perpetual licenses (10/11/12 and iLok) if that gives a hint to the age of the unit. I will check the S/N when I am back in my studio.

Getting the feeling maybe my money would have been better spent on PositiveGrid plugins... I'm not a guitarist, but do mobile recording so figured it would save me from bringing an extra amp for the guitarist to get a variety of tones.