View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 01:42 AM

Default Re: I Imported stereo tracks , but PT reads as 2 L&R Mono tracks ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenjb View Post
You can make a stereo audio track & grab 2 mono tracks at the same time and drag them into the stereo track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstudios View Post
i have done this before but sometimes this doesnt seem to work. is there any exceptions for this. Why does it not always work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post

Select the whole mono region and consolidate it. (Alt-shift-3)

Christopher

Thx guys , this worked a treat.
Seeing as I had so many L & R mono track pairs that needed to be merged into stereo tracks

My quickest method ended up being This
;

1. Open song and bulk create numerous stereo audio tracks as needed per song.

2. Quickly drag each stereo track to a position sitting directly "above" the pairs of mono tracks that you wish to merge into a stereo track
(this will save time and with the merging in step 3 later on and just make things easier )

2. RE-Name the 2 mono tracks that you wish to merge into a single stereo track with exactly the same name with either L or R at the end (eg; DRUMS L - DRUMS R)

3. Highlight the 2 mono tracks together simultaneously, and drag the pair of them together into the empty stereo track above ( note ; you cannot drag the mono file one by one , this will not work as they MUST be both highlighted and dragged together as a pair ...,
ps- @ evilstudios , maybe this could be where you had troubles ?)

4. Re-Name the newly created stereo track you just made (eg; DRUMS) , then delete the (now empty of audio) unused mono tracks .

5. Consolidate the newly created Stereo track - by pressing Alt+Shift+3 ..., this will consolidate the track and give the clip/region the exact same name as your selection in the edit window on the actual audio clip, and in the clip tray