View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 05:23 PM

Default Would you buy a 48 fader ProControl rig now?

Hi everyone,
I've been doing 50 plus track mixes for the last 4-6 months and I'm getting tired of "mousing" around all day. I've found a decent deal on a PC main unit with 3 fader packs for $5000. I believe the price is right but I'm really concerned about the future software support from digi. Especially after reading a Digi Tech's response to the PC on this forum that said the statement below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudoo
My dealer told me that the Procontrol is no longer supported by Digi...Does this mean it could get dropped completely and at some point will not work with future updates ???
That possibility does exist, yes.

So with that said, I'm considering selling some nice guitars to make this deal but I'll wait because the value of these older guitars is steadily rising. I'm currently using PT 7.4cs6 on a G5 dual 2.3ghz. It's been rock solid for the last two years and that's why I haven't attempted PT8 yet. However, if you all don't mind. Your comments about purchasing a large PC rig now or passing because of future software support, pleas chime in.
Thanks!!
Mac Pro Early 2009 3.06 Six Core 48gb ram, Pro Tools 10.3.10, HD6 Accel, Pro Tools 2021, Macbook Pro, Magma PE6R4i, Yamaha DM2000 Console, Logic 9 and 10, Apogee Big Ben, 10pcs HD 192's, Benchmark DAC-1, Distressors, API, Neve, Rupert Neve, Dangerous, Lynx, Manley ELOP+, Massive Passive, VariMu, Neumann, Peluso, A-Designs Hammer 2 & Nail, Empirical Labs, Drawmer, Lexicon U87, Bricasti M7, dbx, Cranesong, SSL 500 G-Bus, Custom Audio Germany, Dynaudio, Focal, Yamaha, TC Electronic, Mapex Drums, SPL