View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Still-Buffering Issues

Hi,
from what I understand, and having had similar problems initially on my G4 1.25 Dual and 7.1, just having incompatible plug-ins in the plug-ins folder is sufficient to create buffer under-runs/over-runs. Apparently, even if the plug-ins are not inserted in a session, their presence in the Folder is enough to create problems.
I had to pay to upgrade my Waves to v5( although I refused to pay the outrageous amount to upgrade my Gold bundle, I just did the Native !!).
My system now runs fine, but does have the occasional blip-but it has taken a lot of time and trouble to get it to be as stable as 6.9 ever was.

Incidentally, I just finished recording a location session with my Pismo laptop, Tiger 10.4.8, and PTools LE 7.1,002 and RME mic pres, recording 8 tracks, NO plug-ins, and all went fine for 2 days, albeit at high buffer settings. This with only 750 Meg Ram, onto external Firewire drive-so a G5 should be no problem.

I am reluctant to upgrade to 7.3., and I do agree that PTools does not seem as reliable as it used to be, and far too "touchy" re plug-ins etc- maybe people are asking for too many new whizzy features, and that these come at the cost of less reliability?
003 & Midas Venice desk
Mindprint DTC
Soundelux U99
Drawmer M-Clock