View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 04:40 PM

Default Is there a way to use a 7.2.4 Dolby Atmos home theater as a Pro Tools Dolby Atmos mix

So in my basement I've got a 2.1 stereo studio running PT Ultimate with HD Native TB and an HD Omni interface in one room and a 7.2.4 Dolby Atmos theater with an Emotiva amp and Marantz processor/receiver in another. I want to get into, and do, my next album in immersive audio but wasn't looking to convert the studio into a full surround room. For cost, size and other restrictions and reasons I'd like to leverage the theater.

While I understand I'd need an interface with more outputs for the increased amount of speakers and as the receiver isn't an interface, I'm not clear on everything required to get this set up and running.

Is this possible to do? Would there be a way to essentially have the interface in the studio and run cables into the theater and somehow easily switch to "mix mode" by hooking a few cables up to my MBP and maybe using a switch of some sort to switch between an interface and the Marantz receiver to go back into theater mode?

Looking for any and all advice here. Especially buying and cable connections advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Avid Artist Transport | Genelec 8351b Monitors | Genelec 7360A Subwoofer x2 | Slate Digital VMS Virtual Microphone