View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Can Anyone Verify / Advise? - Plugins / Delay Compensation / Timing / Downbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingleDjango View Post
Your post is thorough and descriptive and I hope the issue gets some attention. This has been a major hindrance to me lately because clients are bringing me contemporary electronic music to mix and these tempo sync'd envelope fx are essential to some genres. In my experience Ableton and Logic accomplish delay compensation well without throwing off tempo sync'd or midi triggered timings. They are not my preferred mix/edit platforms for a multitude of other reasons however.

EDIT: I'll be submitting a support ticket. In my experience this is the quickest way to get the dev team's attention on a software failure. The Pro Mix subforums are a different story. EddieJones (Avid employee) is always monitoring those pages and addressing issues as they're posted. RTGraham, maybe you should do the same?
Thanks. Yeah, this kind of plugin treatment is something that gets asked for almost immediately in certain genres, and it would be great not to have to leave the PT mix environment just for these tasks.

I hadn't thought to submit an official support ticket - I was mainly trying to confirm first whether anyone else was seeing this and whether it was repeatable.
Now that the process of trying to explain it has resulted in a quick, simple recipe for duplicating it, and now that I've duplicated it myself on multiple systems, I should go ahead with a support ticket.
I'm not familiar with the process at this point. If you've submitted a ticket, do I then add support to that, or do I submit my own?