Thread: New Pricing
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 01:21 AM

Default Re: New Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezul View Post
Just grabbed one. Thanks so much for the heads up. Might grab another, but I'm up to March 2022 for now.
So i could buy two of these for 190 USD and get two years to my PT standard support plan? Well in that case, I'll stay for now.. I mean, I just saw it.. big difference to $220 USD for ONE year (with AU tax) LOL!

I have been mucking about with Studio one ALL day and even though it is way more powerful than pro tools vanilla in almost every way imaginable (except for clip volume gain control where PT is unsurpassed), once i launched PT again I just felt "better". It's that darn S1 gui I hate it so much I can't even really explain how much I hate it.
I will say that S1 used to have terrible performance, but in V4.5 I was playing izotope breaktweaker at 16 buffer.. I can not play that in PT under any circumstances, on the very same mac, under 128 buffer (nothing has changed with low buffer native performance regardless what Avid claim.. it's still useless).