View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 07:51 PM

Default Re: error occurred while trying to load the controller personalty c|24

As for buying ASCs I have no idea what is going on, last times I've needed to purchase an ASC was a few years ago and it worked fine. Some of the workflow and documentation around all this seems poorly maintained, e.g. Avid lists support phone numbers that are disconnected. The ASC stuff still talks about phone contact being preferred when the rest of support seems to be email preferred etc. Avid support could really do with cleaning up some of this. Other users here can't do the the actual purchase of an ASC to see if it works or not so best if somebody from Avid could weigh in. Other folks report problems getting followup after they have purchased ASCs recently for license transfers but in some of those cases I suspect it was user confusion helped along by the somewhat byzantine way of opening a support incident. But again I'm not sure what help support would even give you on a past end of support life system.

Jeffro (avid employee on DUC) does care and is great, and if he will find this thread and maybe can clarify if ASC purchasing has had a problem and if Avid support will even support legacy HD systems with email or phone support.

(And my post broken up into parts because of yet another occurrence of the "Access Denied" forum/Akami bug).

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 12-15-2022 at 11:14 AM.