View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Midi Sync issues

I have the same problem - Midi Beat Clock for synth. If I have a click running, the resulted same triggered and recorded piece is out of time with the click, there is a slight delay which I attribute either to a late triggering of the Akai MPC2000 sampler or a latency issue. Of course all recorded parts must conform to the grid so the only way i have found around this issue (is the highly tedious and inaccurate task of manually chopping off a little bit of the start each part as it's recorded and dragging the whole of that part to the first beat, then extending the end of the part to compensate for the bit at the beginning that is missing. This is of course not an accurate way to work and requires a lot of work. For me this horrible timing issue destroys the creative process because it is just not possible to quickly record parts into pro tools from the Akai MPC2000 - each part is out of time because of this little delay. I would appreciate it if anyone knows a fix for this, a way to record parts into pro tools with no delay on the start of each one. It's not monitoring latency that I am concerned about, the latency or delay is on the recorded part, it's out of time with the click when it's in pro tools no matter how tight it was sequenced in the Akai MPC2000 sampler. Many Thanks