Thread: Gobbler Issues
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Gobbler Issues

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, Gobbler support is generally fast, when I brought up the issue of ppl's inability to download files, Gobbler support gave me the "no problem downloading here" answer. Like Minister said, it's wonky. Sometimes after several attempts someone will get lucky.

I was trying to send reels to a stage a few weeks ago, and 4 of the 5 reels worked fine, but R2 just kept failing. Two weeks ago, a production company and Dolby was unable to download DCP mixes via Gobbler, so I wound up using Dolby's upload service. Took longer, but no hiccups. Today, I sent an ADR studio a ref QT, and after an hour of "Please wait while your download is prepared..." I had to re-upload the QT, and this time the engineer was able to DL successfully.

I totally agree that Gobbler is an incredible service when everything is running as expected. It's just that the headaches of uploading files and clients random inability to download in time sensitive situations is annoying.

Maybe it's best only for between users who have Gobbler clients on both ends (though that doesn't solve the upload error issues)