View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Keep losing automation points

I was wondering if someone could please help me. I am using a dual 2.0 G5 with LE 6.7. I am trying to automate a 75 minute mix and for some reason my automation keeps changing on its own. For example, I will have a certain part of a track muted until the next track comes in but the mute points keep changing. I will write the automation so maybe minutes 1:00 - 1:30 should be muted on track one, then start to play at 1:30. however, the entire track is staying muted, it doesn't remember when to "unmute".

if I go back and check the automation after recording it, it plays correctly. But if I save and start from the top the entire track is staying muted. I hope that makes sense. Everytime I fix it, it does the same thing all over again. Any suggestions?

Also, if I record my automation then edit my mix, such as move tracks around do I lose my automation for those tracks? This isn't what happened in this case, but I was wondering because I need to delete something and bring everything forward by a few minutes but was wondering if I will lose my auto. thanks in advance.