View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: # of Voices per DSP Problem

Just tried a brand new set of flexcables between the core card and the 1st & 2nd process cards. Still no improvement. I had a bad DSP chip on my second process card so I had digi overnight a replacement process card. Today I got the replacement card, dropped it in slot 2 took out both of the original process cards, so that I was only dealing with a good working core card and a brand new process card and a brand new flexcable. What happens, same thing. 1 DSP for 48 voices....no problem, works great. 2 DSP's for 32, 48 or 64 voices....rice crispies...snap crackle and pop.

I just don't get it. This pretty much rules out that the problem could be in the flexcable. The core card works great when it's on it's own but when a process card's DSP is used for voice allocation, I get problems. Most times I can get away with working with 48 voices...but the minute I have to tell a client that my $20k rig can't do any more tracks becasue of %@#$$^%, I'm going to get look stupid.

Please digi, a little attention here. I'm stumped. Spoke to tech support yesterday, and they were like "uuuuugggghhh!"

www.shirkmusic.com
www.hearya.com

MacPro 12core 3.46Ghz (5,1)
OSX v10.14
48GB RAM
1x HDX
2x HD i/o 16x16, 1x Digi192 8in/16out
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 on HDX