View Single Post
Old 12-27-2022, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Audio device issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
Straight from Source Connect tech support, because it wouldn’t connect thru my Apollo 8 if ProTools was open:
“It’s a lovely interface, but Pro Tools and Windows don’t share well. Do you have a secondary interface?”
Yes. Pro Tools gets the Apollo, everything else goes thru a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. And it works every time.
I found that out. I tried to install Avid link and MBox Studio on my Windows 11 computer. Would not run. I got frustrated after paying $899 for MBOX Studio. I had a separate 1 TB Samsung Solid State Drive on my computer. I formatted it and using a Windows 10 Pro disk I was no longer using and installed it on the 2nd drive. All installed and worked well including Pro Tools. Later Microsoft updates stated I could update to Windows 11 for free. Only after reading I had 10 days to revert back to Windows 10 if I did not like it I ran the upgrade. All still working so far. Either it did not like some things running on original Windows 11 or it just flat prefers a setup for the Avid recording software and hardware.
Pro Tools Studio 2022.12