View Single Post
Old 08-26-2022, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Pro tools Studio hardware inserts - Weird latency issue with plugins

Opinions vary on this, so here's mine(and please take it as opinion and not gospel): You are jumping thru hoops to use a very cheap piece of hardware, when any number of plugins will do the same job, and many will do it better. Consider the UA plugins you should already have as they are considered among the absolute best. That solves your problem, but having said that, I'm not telling you not to use the hardware. I'm suggesting that it be used(judiciously) on the way in(while recording). When I ran a commercial studio in Nashville a while back, I had some similar and some much higher-end hardware in my rack. I also had everything in place to use hardware inserts, with everything fully tested and delay fully compensated for. In the 4 years I had that system running, after initial testing and troubleshooting, I used hardware(during a mix) exactly zero times. But, I used all of it while tracking, with great results. Just food for thought

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave