Thread: Too Many Tracks
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 08:42 AM

Default Re: Too Many Tracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niilo Nuori View Post
Thanks a lot! You mean that you'd create an empty session and then import the inaccessible tracks (as well as you remember which ones they were) into that? Import does not enforce the 128 limit on source sessions?

Which version of PT did introduce this the first time? Installing the version before that (assuming it still works on the latest OS) could be a solution, too. Sorry, it should be Avid providing us clear instructions on these issues
No, I was being sarcastic about remembering the tracks. It doesn't matter if you try to import more than 128 or open an Ultimate session with 128, you are capped at 128 tracks. You can't import more than 128. In my original post I was mentioning to be careful that if you open an Ultimate session with more than 128 with regular, those tracks above 128 are deleted and you can't get them back if you save the session.

You do get a dialog to save a report of the deleted tracks, but I have never done that as I don't want to loose them. The studio I work at has regular and I have a license for Ultimate. When we get in this situation, we close without saving, then just switch to the iLok with Ultimate and open the session. As to what version this started I do not know.