View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Play AAX and Pro Tools - Need more Ram!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evermore View Post
Hello All,

I've encountered a strange memory/ram issue when using Play within Pro Tools and I keep getting a "Physical RAM is getting low" message.
Pro Tools ram usage skyrockets to 100% when loading pianos in Play, yet loading the same Play piano patch in Cubase and Logic, works perfectly fine.

Anyone else using Play AAX with Pro Tools 2018 that could test it out? I would like to determine whether this is a Pro Tools or Play bug.
I'm loading the following: Pianos Platinum->Steinway D->Full Patches->stwy Master.

Thanks,
Ever
I have had this same issue for years. Back when they were on version 4.3.X I had made a support issue. I had explained the issue, it was verified by East/West support and they hoped to have it fixed in the next release of Play. That was multiple versions ago. As soon as my account information is available (for some reason tonight I just get a ticking circle) I will post the information I received.

MacBook Pro Max 64GB ram 2TB SSD, 8TB & 4TB External SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3, Pro Tools Carbon, Apollo 8 Quad Black Lion Mod, UAD Octo, Avid S3, Avid Dock