View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Instrument Track Commit results in huge audio delay

Indeed, with external instruments, all timing bets are off, but your playback buffer size might be adding to the latency. On my rig(at a 64 buffer), all the VI tracks I have committed or frozen(doing a lot of testing for just this reason, I am finding that frozen and committed audio is almost NEVER sample-accurate with the original midi note placement. Having said that, in listening tests the timing has sounded fine with offsets of anywhere from 2 to 100 samples of offset. Whether you can hear/perceive any timing issues will be a personal thing as some folks are more or less bothered by this(I find it to be no different than the same player, playing a part twice. Nobody every hits every note at the exact same sample in the timeline

Since Avid seems to be dragging their feet on fixing this, if the offset shown in the screen capture is consistent, I would measure, write it on a Post-it, stick that to the edge of the screen and nudge things into alignment(after a few times, it will become second nature)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave