View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Avid dropping Falcon PSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiot View Post
Fair enough. I use a large amount of VI's. Of the top of my head:
All NI (including around 4TB of Kontakt Samples)
All Arturia
All U-he
All Spectrasonics
All Toontrack
All XLN
All Rob Papen
All Korg
All Roland Cloud
and many more that I can't think of at the moment.
But like I said I run most of them inside VEPro. I used to run them all within Protools but would inevitably run in to a wall inside of Protools.
Falcon could fill my need for a quick sketchpad, something I used to use Structure for but that sounded pretty horrible.
That's a heck of a heavy hitter list and I can see now why you have the opinion of Falcon that you have. I have all the Arturia stuff as well as Kontakt and the rest of the older NI stuff as well as Falcon. The only thing I use out of NI is Kontakt itself as the rest of their wares haven't had real updates in years (not a fan of Reaktor). Have the original Omnisphere and it's dated and found their system not all that intuitive. Never cared for the rest of what you have but that's just me.

My synth vi work comes from Arturia and Falcon. EWQLSO does my orchestral and percussion work with Symphonic Orchestra and Stormdrum 2 and RA. NI get relegated to the odd times I need timpani. That pretty much covers what I need except for drums. I use BFD 3 but would like to get into Superior Drummer 3 to supplement when I use real drums.

QAPLA!