View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 10:21 PM

Default Crossgrade Renewal is not honoring it's 2 year promise

So I did the Crossgrade in September of 2020 from an older perpetual license (I'm not here to re-live that mistake) but at the time I was offered a 2 year price reduction to 99$ per year with renewal after 1 year.

Well 1 year came and went and I missed the renewal date which was on September 29th and once I realized this I tried to renew on the website, but the only option was for the 299$ price of an annual subscription. Somewhat stressed out I paid the 40$ for account support to be able to speak to a representative about my missed payment.

Before speaking with him I saw online that there was a 30 day grace period when it came to license renewals, and while I know that I gave up my license I assumed that this would pertain to the cross grade as well.

Well the long sort of it is that I was told of a 14 day grace period (which I conveniently missed by 5 days and there was no way to retain the 99$ price that I gave up my license for!!!

I have scowered avid's site for any mention of a 14 day grace period, and can't find any! I should also mention that in the renewal emails (I opened today) sent to me before the expiration there was no mention of loosing my 99$ annual price and no mention of a 14 day grace period to renew.

Am I wrong here to expect avid to stick to it's 2 year commitment? I mean to me this feels like price gouging at it's worst.