View Single Post
Old 02-09-2003, 04:42 PM

Default Re: moving Bruno/Reso authorisation from iLok to floppy

Well, the obvious answer if you want to use the plugs on two systems at the same time, is to buy two copies of the plugin. If you don't, you are likely in violation of your license agreement.

Even though 2 floppies were provided back in the day, one was for a backup in case of malfunction. This was not to allow two installs.

Reading the PT 6 /OS X upgrade info, floppy auths will not be supported in any way under OS X. What will happen is you need to sign up at ilok.com, register your ilok dongle, and Digi will place an ilok authorization into your account for all of your registered, floppy-based plugins.

It seems like Digi will NOT allow a transfer of floppy auth to ilok UNTIL you buy PT 6, although no-one has explicitly said this. This is a shame, because I'd sorely like to get DigiTranslator onto my ilok so I can move it around, but I likely won't be making the PT 6 move for some time.

As for the floppy: if the iLok with the B/R has been removed, you should be able to authorize it with the floppy. Although, again, you are likely violating the letter of the law, if not the spirit.

Use your own conscience as your guide.

Jiminy-Cricket
A.K.A.
[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Ray