View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 04:42 PM

Default Re: What is the best PT10 version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyduck View Post
I wish you were not so angry about this. I'm having a hard enough time here. I'm freaked because I have all this stuff to work on that I was told by the vendor would open just fine with the new system.

Like I said, the PT10 license has been deposited to my iLok account, but I have not activated it to any iLok or computer yet. I have two iLoks, an old version, and a new one. I only have one activation available on the license.

May I ask why you want to know whether the "asset" is on my physical iLok? [By "asset", I am assuming you mean the license activation. Is that right?]

I do have a huge 2TB drive in my laptop, with tons of space available. It is running High Sierra [updated from Sierra, which was installed when I purchased the computer]. Is there any way of partitioning the drive without erasing it and having to reinstall everything again. Probably a silly question, but anyhow.......

I went to Amazon.com, did a search for "Mac OS Lion", and the third item down in what was returned from the search is "Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion v. 10.8.5 Full OS Install - Reinstall / Recovery....
Do you think its a fake?

Help with this is appreciated.

Thanks,

MD
I am not angry just speaking/writing the truth and trying to deal with someone who apparently can't get a handle on these types of things. I mean - what could be simpler than understanding where your PT10 license asset is? If it's not on your physical iLok then you need to get it on there. Without that you'll never be able to use PT10. PT10 does not use the old key-style blue piece that could take a sim-type card. You need an iLok2 or iLok3 with the license asset on it. Asset means just that - what is needed to use PT. Like a driver's license for driving a car.

Partitioning a hard drive is easy and is done from right within OSX using OSX disk utility. You can partition a drive without erasing the drive. I suggest making Google your friend on how to do the deed. There are some things you're going to have to work out on your own and this is one.

That Amazon one might be legit; according to what's written it's only good on certain Macs. And your machine is not one of those. But this depends on what EXACT MBP you have. Before we go any further that info is needed. If you can't provide that then wheels are just being spinned.

QAPLA!