View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2021.10 on Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicperry View Post
I said the 7.1 (16-core) was close to the M1 Max in processing power. It is, in my testing. It's clearly totally different in terms of expandability - RAM, SSD, external connectivity etc.
In terms of reliability with PT, I've made it clear that it is nowhere near.

Your phrase "My apologies I thought this was a working professionals forum" is deliberately provocative. This is a forum for beginners and hobbyists, as well as working professionals, and I'm sure you know it.

Dominic

We don’t know at this time how powerful the new M1 Max is. All the software available is not up to date yet. Can you run a large session with everything that is available on previous OS or other machines. I wouldn’t be able to determine that until it is there. It would be incredible to have just a laptop that could.

And yes you are correct. If someone wants to police the internet and determine that their way is only the right way and criticize a way that is functional.

The op asked about hard drives. I will always run an external drive, at this time a SSD. If that person doesn’t great. Just giving an idea to think about for the future.

What happens when there are to many VI’s and their data on the MBP and they try and add audio. What if the drive is close to full? This may happen as they move forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk