View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2021.10 on Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Nobody said anything about not needing a backup, backups were not discussed and just using an external drive is not a backup. And I'd argue for typical laptop users an external drive will decrease reliability. Chance of it being accidently unplugged/damaged is higher, and just yet another thing to fail.

If you I want to export/move a session, sure stuff it on an external drive or USB stick. But none of that was being asked about. You might be projecting too much about your workflow that I suspect is unlikely to be relevant to new users.

You are not helping folks a lot who are trying to get going and already confused as hell by wrong, out of date information from Avid. Let alone wandering off into silly land about HDX irrelevant stuff. Folks are asking *basic* getting started questions.

If you read the thread, someone mentioned that the new MBP was close to a 7.1 , it is not. That is what that comment was for. Don’t forget not everyone works on a laptop. Couldn’t get my work completed with out a large HDX system. Nor could many others in film or recording studios. Someone who is starting out needs to understand where it can go. If you are using PROTOOLS I would imagine they might be recording something in the future. Or creating with VI’s. It is a good idea to understand the paths that you could go down. It’s also important for them to do research on what and will not work. I have given my opinion on a correct path, you may not agree. However it may work for this person or not. I have found on my journey what works, that is what I will stick to and always work with. My apologies I thought this was a working professionals forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk