View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2021.10 on Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzone View Post
Exporting sessions is much easier with a pocket SSD to bring to another location. Also it is always better to work to an external drive. In case a computer goes down.Always have and always take my laptop and plug it into other rigs running HDX via cables. Correct not everyone needs HDX, but have been doing this for along time and have seen to many issues where systems fail. Always need a back up. So don’t criticize me and tell me what I know. It’s excellent advice especially for some one starting out. Got it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nobody said anything about not needing a backup, backups were not discussed and just using an external drive is not a backup. And I'd argue for typical laptop users an external drive will decrease reliability. Chance of it being accidently unplugged/damaged is higher, and just yet another thing to fail.

If you I want to export/move a session, sure stuff it on an external drive or USB stick. But none of that was being asked about. You might be projecting too much about your workflow that I suspect is unlikely to be relevant to new users.

You are not helping folks a lot who are trying to get going and already confused as hell by wrong, out of date information from Avid. Let alone wandering off into silly land about HDX irrelevant stuff. Folks are asking *basic* getting started questions.