View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Mbox 3rd gen + MacOS Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj-Ike View Post
Hey Jimmy, Thanks for the reply. What I did was uninstall the Mbox drivers, and software. Now when I tried to re install the driver, it says installation failed. 1.3.5 is not working on Sierra 10.12.6. It works without problem until this latest update. I never usually sweat the updates, because usually Avid comes up with something compatible. But, it seems that this time, NO. I was reading on the PT Expert page where it was also wondering if Avid has quietly discontinued the MBox3 series. Well, that's all I want to know, so I can stop waiting. I am fortunate to have another slightly slower MacBook Pro 17 that's still on 10.12.5. I will use that for MBox projects. I was just wondering(out loud) for those who may be less fortunate and only have one machine. I got nervous because of the silence. Am I the only one??
Quietly? The Mbox 3 family has been discontinued.

Final sale End of support
Mbox (third generation) 8/30/2014 8/30/2019
Mbox Mini (third generation) 4/22/2013 4/22/2018
Mbox Pro (third generation) 3/1/2015 3/1/2020

From http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...-support-dates

The real question is what limited support will be offered until the final end of support.

You can't just casually upgrade an OS without having a fail back plan, in this case a bootable clone on an external drive made with Carbon Copy Cloner would have you running again as fast as you can say "reboot".