View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Plugins taking forever to load

Quote:
Originally Posted by krop015 View Post
This is my second attempt in hopes anyone knows a solution..

I am on PT8 HD and when i initialize a plugin (such as waves SSLchannel) it will give me the beach ball of death for about 20-35 seconds then the plugin will load. I am having this problem with about 10 or 15 of my most used plugins. It makes it extremely difficult to run fast easy sessions. I have done everything i could think of (trashing prefs, re-installing PT/Plugins) and i have no luck.

The one hint i have is that when i choose the plugin on an insert while the beach ball is spinning the system drive starts spinning very fast (like it is looking for something)

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

The only thing i have ever known to slow dow the loading of a plugin is a slow hard drive or a hard drive that is close to full.

Do you have any USB drives connected? this slows down the loading of plugs? as will USB sticks and some MP3 players

Is your system drive getting full? ideally you need 30-40 gig free and you need to keep it in good shape. repair permissions or rebuild the drive using disk warrior.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.