Thread: NEW Avid SYNC X
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 10:13 AM
Avid

Default Re: NEW Avid SYNC X

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzone View Post
Hi,
I can’t find the pull-up/down settings in the bottom right corner. I’m on 20.3.0.170, Catalina and a 7.1 Mac Pro. The bottom right corner is blank.
In Logic, pulled up an old music vid at 48K if my previous session in Protools was matching at 48k the session plays back fine with green clock not on and 48k displayed on the sync x. However if the previous Protools session was in 44.1, 96, etc., Logic would clock to that previous setting. Not a big deal because we sync Protools to Logic in the real world anyway due to old templates and scoring needs with VEP.
One disturbing thing is with the serial cable attached to the first HDX card all 3 cards now operate in fan high speed mode. Everything was upgraded properly to my knowledge, but will check firmware and run digi test again.
Would also by nice to implement the software to run session time code on the sync x front panel if just doing audio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
See attached screenshot for location of the pull settings. If you don't see those, please attach a screenshot of Session Setup window on your system.

FWIW, if you need to change HD interface clock settings when Pro Tools is quit, go to:
Mac HD/Applications/Avid/AvidAudioServer and launch Avid Audio Server. You won't have access to Sync X settings though.

Regarding running session time code on Sync X front panel, you can enable Gen LTC in the Pro Tools Edit window or Transport window. See attached from Sync X guide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pull Settings.jpg (33.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Gen LTC.jpg (48.4 KB, 0 views)
Berkeley, CA