View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 04:05 PM

Default Re: No playback sound using Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
COFFEEEEEEEEE

Back to the Instrument track for a moment, yes they CAN bring in audio, but they cannot record that audio. The purpose is so that you can have midi on an instrument track that "drives" an external sound source(like a midi keyboard or sound module) and have the audio from that hardware come into the session on the same track (an instrument track essentially combines the features of a midi track and an aux track). Always record your guitar to an AUDIO track(same for anything that gets recorded thru a mic or a DI box or DI input)
Gee you guys know so much and I found out why I couldn't record a clip and why there was nothing metering before as well. You have to select the little "I" as well as "arm for record" and make sure the mute is off then hit record on the transport bar and it still only arms it for recording then you have to hit the Play button even though both the record and play button are lit up. Oh well my learning has begun thanks so much for everyone's input once again if not for you guys I would still have Pro Tools rage . Yep I think we can close this thread now Cheers "The End Times Band"