View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 06:42 AM

Default Re: Q regarding how to connect TC Clarity M

Thank you for the info good or bad

So you are saying that without paying like $1000 to make it work for a unit that is like $300 is the only way?

I hoped we could use it via digital in/out or on some other connection as it is a pretty expensive interface … so this is now a doorstop if i dont use it with our apollo’s .. sorry for sounding not polite but thats not meant to be so. I am just in awe that i cant use any of the 5-6 connectors that comes with the TC Clarity in a 4000 dollar interface when i can ise it with a focusrite my neighbour has for 300 dollars!!

So none of the digital or analog connections would work on this expensive interface?

PS. What about Optical port on the Carbon as clarity has that and an USB option with a plugin to work the unit if you cant reqch it is from your sweetspot?

Here is some info from TC:

CLARITY M provides a wealth of digital connectivity. Unbalanced AES3 (coaxial) and S/P DIF are available right out of the box, and optional adapters enable you to connect standard AES/EBU with ease. Additionally, you can use the TOSLink* port for optical input and the USB connection to work seamlessly with your favorite DAW.

Source inputs come in a vast array of options including: USB for hassle-free VST*, Audio Units* and AAX* plug-in metering; 6 channels of unbalanced AES3 digital audio on 75 Ohm BNC connectors for broadcast-grade 5.1 metering; and stereo optical for maximum fl exibility. CLARITY M is fully compliant with all major broadcast standards including ITU BS.1770-4, ATSC A/85, EBU R128, TR-B32 and OP-59, and is recommended for all studio environments.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————