View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 08:22 PM

Default Re: How to Open Pro Tools 10 Session in Pro Tools 2021.7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
It seems he's about to get 2021 perpetual via a reinstatement and he wants to know if he will be able to open his PT10 sessions. The answer is yes. P2021 will be able to open sessions as old as 6 or 7, if not older. It can even open sessions w/SD2 format and convert them to wav. But PT 2021 perpetual does not come with license for 10, 11, 12, like 2020 and earlier. 2021 subscription will also open 10 sessions.

Thank you, Ben! (Apologies also in advance for upcoming copy-paste of parts of my previous reply above.) I purchased a PT 10 Perpetual license back in 2012 for my iMac mid-2011 (still running Lion 10.7.3) and haven't updated since. But in late 2020, I was able to purchase the now hard-to-find Reinstatement deal (I believe this was the last one of its kind where a new Perpetual license was issued for the Reinstatement of an old, non-subscription, non-yearly update type instead of the current default to Subscription reinstatement.). I've only decided to install this August 2021 when I got my Mac M1 Mini. Based on your reply, would this mean that my kind of Pro Tools Perpetual reinstatement deal as described above would still have the ability to open PT 10? (Sorry, the PT deals/terms have really gotten me confused over the past decade. )