View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Anyone got a Kemper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post

As for profiling from music videos or solo's from digital media. How does that work? It would seem ideally to profile properly, you need to capture the unchanged source (input) and the altered sound (output) of an amplifier to provide the necessary information to create an accurate profile that models the way an amplifier affects the source sound into the amp'd sound. Maybe I'm not familiar with how the profiling works so forgive me since this a new technology.

Now if somebody can write a converter that will allow the Eleven Rack to use the Kemper profiles as a model, that will be really cool. Before everyone jumps on me about copyright infringement issues, I liken this to the times when a Roland sampler can read an Akai sample disc or Kontakt can import sample libraries from other manufacturers. I know this sounds far-fetched but again, wouldn't it be cool?
it is not possible to profile from video or media.

i did talk to him (kemper) about profiling say the 11r, amplitube or anything like that. he said a lot of sims use weird things in their algorithms like compression to achieve their sound. they do not profile well at all. i asked specifically about eleven and he said it profiles really bad.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10