Thread: GUI lagging
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2021, 05:45 AM

Default Re: GUI lagging

Hard to know or guess, but I will assume that something that you have installed is hitting the CPU and/or disk every 10 seconds and the screen refresh isn't getting priority.

I would start by moving all your plugins to a folder called "unused" and see if that stops the problem. After that, I would either uninstall a your memory-resident applications one by one, or, much better, just image the disk as it is (with something like Carbon Copy Cloner) and start again from scratch. Install a fresh version of Catalina and then install PT with absolutely nothing else, and see whether it still misbehaves. After that, add things in and test after each install.

Specific questions - what buffer size do you have set in PT - does increasing or lowering it make any difference?
What format are you using for your internal disk - is it APFS? Do you just use Paragon for mounting external disks?
Have you tried to install some anti-virus software (you can uninstall later) to check that you haven't got any malware lurking? I recommend Malwarebytes Free and Intego (also free) - just install, do a scan and then uninstall.

Dominic