View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 11:02 AM

Default Re: making mono track into stereo or double mono in PT7LE

My aim is to have mono sound coming out of the two speakers in my car. I have some old cassette tapes I made years ago on a mono tape recorder and I have uploaded them to Itunes via an ION gadget and I want to work with them in Pro Tools, just to top and tail them, basic things. But the sound only comes out of one speaker when bounced on a CD. So I went on youtube to find the answer and was told to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTnfTqdD_6w but it does not work for me in PT7.

So what I basically want is not a true stereo sound but dual mono sound of my recordings coming out of both speakers. There's nothing fancy I want to do with them regarding plugins, I have not learned about those yet as I'm very new to Pro Tools.

Please let me know what you all think, and I thank you for the replies so far. I tried the duplicate new track and drag but failed dismally. I can't drag! I clicked on the timeline and dragged but it only made it bigger because of the zoomer tool, and then I clicked and dragged on the track name and it only swopped them round.

Cheers
VM