View Single Post
Old 04-06-2003, 01:54 PM

Default Re: New Mirrored G4 hangs on Digi System Init!!!

I am suprised to see this discussion has finished as it is now April 2003 and here in the UK I am continuing to suffer the problems that everyone else seems to have sorted out months ago. Maybe the news travels very slowly to Apple UK and Ireland.

I am now on my third mother-board and second power supply and basically the problems remain the same. i.e., at various times:

1) Not powering up with digi 001 attached
2) Stalling at Digi Init
3) Not stalling at Digi Init but then reporting that digi design hardware could not be found.
4) Powering up , booting up, finding the hardware all fine, then on a restart reverting to 1, 2 or 3.

Problem 1 seems now to have gone away with the modifications up to now.

Problems 2 and 3 seem to depend on what version of Digi Init etc I use: v 5.1.1 has only ever loaded about twice. v. 5.01 seems most "sucessful" will boot up apparently OK but more often than not cannot find the hardware.

I have read all these pages very carefully now and cannot believe mine is the only DP867 behaving like this (as Applecare UK would have me believe) and that there must be a solution.

I believe they have fitted the wrong mother-board (even on the second attempt) as I have seen on the apple discussion site that the part number for the correct one is 820-1453-A. I have checked and mine is
820-1445-A. Can anyone confirm whether this is correct. My card version is 3F48S, if that makes a difference.

Could someone also confirm whether they have fitted the correct power-supply : it's an AC Bel API1PC36.
Also whether I should be able to use the latest version Digi Init 5.1.1 (mostly I am using Cubase VST 5 rather than Protools LE).

I am not even going to get started on how utterly crap I think Apple UK is and the lengths I have been to so far, even involving 'higher-ups" at their UK HQ, and just hope someone can help me with this even at this apparently late stage.