View Single Post
Old 12-18-2002, 04:09 PM

Default Re: New Mirrored G4 hangs on Digi System Init!!!

After my fifth logic board(!), four 60 mile round trips and two days waiting in for late couriers, I took my Mac to Apple near Heathrow, west London and dumped it and my Digi 001 for them to sort out the problem. Paul Wiffen and his boss Mike Munn were very helpful, although I was less than enamoured with the 'Executive Relations' representative whom I have unfortunately had to do most dealings with. Anyway, the machine was fixed and it turned out to be a problem with the Power Supply, not the Logic Board. There are TWO known issues with MDD G4s and 001s. They were fixing the wrong problem. If your mac won't even power up, you need a replacement power supply, not a logic board.

Sorting this out took the best part of two months - no joke when it's a tool of the trade, as it is for me. Apple will only compensate me with a discount on further purchases, but I don't want anything else from them right now - I bought the top of the range mac with loads of ram and a flat screen to do a specific job - what else could I possibly need, apart from financial compensation?! After pursuing this with Mark Rogers (Apple MD, UK & Eire) I've got nowhere - he won't offer compensation. The arrogance is astonishing.
PT2023.12 - Mac Studio M1 Max 64GB RAM - macOS 13.6.3 - UAD-2 Satellite Octo/Apollo 8tb Duo/Apollo 16ii/Prism Lyra 2 - Euphonix Artist Control - All the plugins(!) Waves/PA/Slate/SSL/McDSP/UAD/Kush/SoundToys/Eventide/Softube/NI/PSP/Sonible/BABY/Fabfilter/Sonnox etc.