View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 09:02 AM

Default D-verb Cuts All the Treble

I recently bought an M-box and I'm doing some mixdown work before mastering. It seems that every time I apply D-verb to a track, it significantly cuts the treble. I have to then re-EQ to try to get things sounding right again. However, if I do that, the snare (example) no longer sounds like it's in the band. It sounds like it's being played from next door. I don't have this problem when adding reverb on a digital or analog mixer so I believe it's contained in Protools. I'm applying the D-verb plug-in to the track. It may be that I need to assign it to a buss at unity and then send signal through it from the track?

Before I spend a great deal more time trying to figure it out I need to know if the D-verb plug-in just sucks and I'm trying to polish a turd or does it generally work reasonably well and I'm just doing it incorrectly?

Right now I'm pulling all the reverb out so the EQ is right and the drum is back in the band but it sounds thin. A little reverb would go a long way to fatten it a little but the EQ trade-off is not a good choice.

Any help is appreciated.