View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 08:03 AM

Default Re: BUG? selecting midi track arms record for selected track

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpete View Post
Gorsat,

Does the problem occur if you disconnect your M-Audio keyboard?
I have also had this problem of instrument tracks arming themselves when making a selection. It will not happen when creating only one instrument track and/or selection. Creating additional instrument tracks will automatically arm the first track whether you instantiate an additional VI or not.

For me, this problem first appeared in PT 10.1.2. I reverted back to PT 10.0.1 and the problem went away. Trashing Prefs and databases did not solve this problem for me. Disconnecting the unit or removing the Axiom Pro 61 from the Setup/Peripherals menu does solve the problem as suggested by Matt.

So, it appears the problem may be how certain M-Audio keyboards interact with PT 10.1.2/10.2.0. Maybe how the Hyper Control interacts with these PT versions??

I have not been able to come up with a solution thus far. That said, this is the only problem I have had with PT 10.2.0 so I will live live with the Instrument Track auto/record arm problem until hopefully a fix comes in. Maybe from the M-Audio side (Axiom Pro driver/firmware update?).

Note that I have not tried the Axiom Pro using MIDI. I'm sure it would alleviate the problem however, you would lose all that Hyper Control has to offer.

Lou

EDIT: Posted a note over at the M-Audio Forum in the Keyboards/Controllers section to see if anyone is familiar with the auto/record/arm problem. If I get any results/fixes, I will post.

Lou
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.

Last edited by luken26; 05-23-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Left a message over at the M-Audio Forum