View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 11:11 AM

Default Eleven Rack window responds to changes on Eleven Rack, unable to record.

I've been unable to find a solution to my problem on the many, many threads related to similar issues. Hopefully someone can help me out.

In System Preferences, the Avid Eleven Rack page says "device not connected". However, when I open Pro Tools, the Eleven Rack immediately opens and responds to Rig changes, volumes changes, level changes on bass, treble, gain etc. The Eleven Rack does not show up as a device in the "Audio MIDI Setup" Utility. I am unable to record my guitar through the Eleven Rack. My only option is the built in Microphone.

I've checked and rechecked that my software and drivers are up to date. I have tried multiple USB cables and all of my USB ports. I have tried multiple sequences of turning the Eleven Rack and Pro Tools on and off, when to plug the Eleven Rack in during the sequence and rebooting the whole computer. I have exhausted every solution I've been able to find through this forum, google searches, YouTube videos. It's likely a simple solution, but I'm new to Pro Tools and Eleven Rack so please, someone help out.

My details are in my profile, but here they are again just in case...

MacBook Air 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Mac OS X Version 10.7.4

Eleven Rack Version 2.0.1
Build 0.1.5.7
Software Version 1.0.5

Pro Tools 10.2.0 (came with the purchase of the Eleven Rack, software download and iLok)

The Eleven Rack works perfectly through my powered monitors, and in live situations. As a stand alone unit, I have no issues. My only issues are getting it to work with Pro Tools so i can record. Which was the whole point of purchasing the unit. Otherwise, I could have just bought a simple combo amp and pedals and avoided the headaches.

Any help is appreciated.