View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 12:10 PM

Default Eleven rack 2.0 upgrade with Windows 10

Don't know if anyone here can help me, but .....

I'm using an Eleven rack as a standalone- no pro-tools

Last week the 2.0 upgrade for my eleven rack. Installation using my win 10 machine was smooth until it came to actually came to updating the firmware on the unit. it woudl not update. The installation simply terminated at that point with no error message of any sort.

I checked this forum, and there is a "sticky" stating that this is cased by a conflict withe Internet Explorer 11, and I should de-install IE11.

Unfortunately, the post was discussing Windows 7. In Windows 10, there is no option to de-install IE 11, only an option to "disable " it. I tried disabling IE 11 and it made no difference.

I triedt o contact AVID but apparently they have no unpaid technical support, at least as fat as I can tell from the web page.

I then hauled an old Win 7 machine out of the closet, de-installed IE11, and tried the upgrade again. However, my serial number is apparently now registered to the other computer, and I only have 1 "seat licence" so it wont upgrade from this one either.

I'm currently our $98 and the eleven rack is the same as when I started. Help! Any suggestions?