View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Are my internal NVMe drives causing PT to crash when recording multiple tracks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetar777 View Post
Yeah, actually I am having the exact same problem quoted by loud neighbor, which is “pro tools locks up, os hangs, hard restart”, and we happen to be using the same computer and the same OWC internal drive…..but thanks for correcting me. Obviously “exact” is the keyword but who knows what the cause is that’s what I’m here for . This is why I shy away from message boards😐😐. We are all just here trying to get our problem solved so we can get back to working immediately.

Loudneighbor, please let me know if you have fixed your issue and how you fixed it.

Thank you in advance!
Hi Geetar,

Apologies for the slow response.

Sadly, no, I haven't resolved this issue. I've been using my super awesome $1800 NVMe "work" drive as a glorified back-up drive as well as for hosting some larger mix sessions where the "read" part of the equation seems to be working. Doing all tracking on external (T3) Samsung 4TB SSD's. Giving CCC a workout transferring sessions around and backing up to spindles.

I've contacted OWC who suggested reformatting it as individual drives to eliminate the RAID question, which is something Marsdy suggested in this thread as well. I wager that would fix it since the RAID complexity would be eliminated. I just don't have time to do this right now and would hate to see all of those drives scattered across the desktop but will try it whenever the skies clear and report back.

Thanks for everyone's input on this - greatly appreciate the helpful comments.