View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Interface not found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livftw123 View Post
In the mix, it says bus, plug in and interface, but only the bus is highlighted as an option. Meaning interface can't be selected.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
"In the Mix"? You mean in the Track I/O selectors aka track I/O pulldowns or track I/O selector pulldown. Call them something that makes sense, they are not "in the mix" or "options" every bloody input field, pull down menu etc. in the product would be an "option". If you are unclear what to call stuff the Pro Tools reference guide will help since it describes the UI very well. And for a newbie you should have the PDF of that Reference Guide open and trying to use it for help... it's not a tutorial but it's great help in addition to finding tutorials.

So in Pro Tools speak none of the interfaces actual I/O shows up in the I/O selectors. You likely either have the wrong playback engine selected, and/or a driver not compatible with the operating system, or the IO settings in Pro Tools are messed up. Most useful starting point is to exclude an interface/driver issue.

So going back to the many question you have not answered.... answer all the following questions inline in detail.

0. What *exact* macOS version is your Mac running? Top of screen menu>Apple Icon>About This Mac (e.g. "Big Sur 11.6" might be an answer). See that was not hard.

1. What exact version of Pro Tools are you using? e.g. 2021.10? Top of screen menu>Pro Tools>About Pro Tools. See that was not hard.

2. What exact interface is this? You must know this or be able to work it out, it's right in front of you. Got a model number on a sticker? Having problem attaching a photo? Instead find a photo online and post the URL or get the model number/name from online.

3. What exact driver did you install? Name/driver version of if you can't work that out give a link to where you downloaded them from. You did not install a driver or don't understand the question say so.

4. The interface appears twice in the playback engine list, well that's nice, but not what I asked... I want to know *exactly* what is showing up as options in that list, all the exact names/strings and which one you have selected/tried in the past.

5. What track I/O selectors are you talking about? Input or Output or both?

6. Have you gotten Pro Tools to do basic stuff on your Mac? Like play back pre-recorded audio using "Built-In Output" (or whatever the main output speakers are called on your Mac) as the playback Engine? If not then do that now.

7. If you have the correct drivers installed and they are compatible with the version of macOS on the Mac, or the device is class compliant (and does not need separate drivers), and the correct playback engine device is selected. (and they are all big If's). Then the IO settings may just be messed up. In each of the three Setup>IO>{input, output, bus} tabs click the Default button. Does that now show expected I/O paths? Do you see what you expect in the Track I/O selectors? If not then the cause will likely be driver/playback engine being incompatible/wrong... what all the questions above are trying to work out.

---

You are clearly a bit lost getting started with Pro Tools. You are going to have to learn how to use Pro Tools, it's akin to a high end CAD package, not a word processor. You don't just sit down with Solidworks and think you are going to design a car, or bolt, or paperweight. And trying to do the equivalent with Pro Tools typically leads to wasting your own time and lots of frustration. A great place to get started is look for some Pro Tools tutorial videos on YouTube, M Audio may even have their own (for Pro Tools First at least). And follow along those tutorials as closely as you can until you get basic things working.