View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Is there a way to expand HD Omni to have 13 channels (7.2.4) for Dolby Atmos mixi

As Mark says, The MTRX Studio is the best way to go for you IMHO, It's an I/O for Pro Tools and a monitor controller at the same time, like the Omni on steroids.

The monitoring features on the MTRX Studio, volume/Sources/Dim/Independent speaker mute and solo etc, can be controlled by the free PT Control app on your IPad.
I found it quite a steep learning curve myself. I didn't find the way it operates very intuitive, but on the plus side it's capable of being setup many different ways and once you have it set the way that works for you, it's great.
Also there are lots of threads on here and many videos available to help you get it working the way you need.
You can get the right number of outputs with a 192 or 8x8x8, but you would still need another atmos capable monitoring unit to control speaker mutes and solos etc, to use it effectively.